Tuesday, October 23, 2012

A Poem Dedicated To Abused Women

Hello Divine Diva's

This a poem I wrote a few years ago when I was mentoring some women and girls who were abused.

When I thought I was alone, you were there to hold my hand. When my world was broken and fell apart, you were there to help me stand.

When there was no one to tell my secrets to, you were there to lend your ear. When I thought I wasn't strong enough, you were there to ease my fear.

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.” Marianne Williamson


When there was nowhere left for me to run, your arms were open wide. You gave me a place to call home, when all I wanted to do was hide.

So many times you held my life, in your heart so tenderly. You taught me to spread my wings, so I could finally learn to be free.

What words could I say to thank you, for giving me the strength and courage to be me. I’m a survivor and I’ll show others, I found the key that was always inside of me.
Always Remember that you are Beautiful, Strong, Powerful, Fearless, Amazing, Divine, and most important of all YOU ARE ENOUGH! Divine Diva Donna


You Might Also Like:

Hay House, Inc.

No comments: