Thursday, March 14, 2013

Everyday Angels

Hello Divine Diva’s,

It’s been a little while since I’ve posted here and I’ve been working on some projects. So if you don’t see anything here, you can always find me at my community page for women at www.facebook.com/divinedivainspiration. I would love for you to stop by. I also have some exciting things coming up and I will be posting about them soon.

I’ve still been out sprinkling my Seeds Of Hope cards and it’s so much fun to leave them out for others to find. It got me to thinking about the first card I created many years ago and this is a story about that.

When we think of angels the first pictures that often come into our mind is a heavenly being with golden hair and a light that shines bright enough to light the world. We've seen pictures of angels in books and photographs of all different shapes and sizes. There seems to be no end to the beauty they project, and they have comforted many people at just the right time in their lives. But I have often wondered to myself, what does a real angel look like?

I had never had an angel encounter myself, but have enjoyed reading the many stories that have been written about angel encounters through the years. They have always fascinated me and I always felt like there must be a way for the average person like me to have an angel experience. The question was how would I go about it? Do I call on my angel to show herself to me? Do I pray to God and ask for him to send me an angel?

Several years passed since I first started thinking about angels, and my life has changed in so many ways. At 32 I was diagnosed with a chronic illness called Fibromyalgia, and my life took an unexpected turn. I was given this sentence of an incurable illness and there was not a thing I could do to change it. I went through the usual denial, and then the anger of wondering why did this happen to me? No matter how many times I asked there seemed to be no answers of why this illness chose me.

Always Remember that you are Beautiful, Strong, Powerful, Fearless, Amazing, Divine, and most important of all YOU ARE ENOUGH! Divine Diva Donna


After I got over the initial shock of all of this, and started taking medications to manage the symptoms, I still had angels on my brain. There were days I felt so alone and I felt like nobody understood what I was going thorough, and I had no idea what to do with all of these feelings I was having. It really opened my eyes to a new world that was about to change for the better.

Of course I didn't know how at the time, I felt like I must have been given this illness for a reason, the key was to figure out why. Then it dawned on me that I was not the only one who must be feeling like this. There are millions of people each and every day who are dealing with an illness just like I was. And knowing how it felt to feel like nobody understands, I thought there must be a way to let other people know that they are not alone and that someone does understand. I knew that angels have always been comforting to people so I decided I would write an inspirational poem that I could send out to let others know that they have an angel watching over them.

My first poem was called Your Secret Angel. I started sending it to hospitals, cancer centers, homeless shelters and anywhere people may be in need of a few comforting words. I sent it out with just the name "From Your Secret Angel". I was excited to be able to do this, and I went on to write several more inspirational poems that I have sent out to strangers through the years. Through my research I have found that there is no shortage of organizations and places that people are in need of comforting word. And although it took an illness for me to find my gift of writing, I also learned some very important lessons along the way.

You see the world is full of everyday angels just like you and me. Just because we don't have wings or wear a halo doesn’t mean we can’t be angels. You don't need to fill out an application, and there are no special tests required for this job. We all have special gifts and talents that we can share with the world. For me it’s writing, for you it might be something else. If you look inside your heart, I know that you will find that special thing that lies inside every one of us. We don't have to look to the sky to find that shining light, because that shining light is in each and everyone one of us, and we should all let that light shine bright for the world to see. We all need a little divine intervention at sometime in our life.

Let today be the day that you decide to be an angel to someone. We're all on this journey together and what better time to earn our wings and become the angel that we are truly meant to be.

No comments: