Monday, March 25, 2013

Nothing But Respect A True Victim-to-Victory Story Book Review

Hello Divine Diva’s,

I’m happy to share with you a review of my friend Julie Anne’s book, Nothing But Respect A True Victim-to-Victory Story .

Nothing But Respect captivated me from the very first page of the main event which starts out with Julie’s suicide attempt. As I read the first few pages, my heart broke reading how Julie Anne thought that her family would be better off without her and I wondered what possibly could have happened to her that lead her to this place on her life. I was especially drawn to her story because like Julia Anne, I also live with chronic illnesses and saw myself in her.

As she starts to take us on the journey of her early childhood and teen years, they seem pretty normal to me. I found myself really enjoying reading about her adventures in school, sports, and the typical things we all go through as children and teens. Her story was talking me on a trip down memory lane which came to sudden stop as I read about how her innocence was stolen from her at the tender age of 17 when she was raped. As I read about how she thought it was her fault, I wished I could reach through the pages of the book and tell her, it was not her fault.

I have to say throughout the book, Julie Anne shows such courage and a willingness to be honest about every thing she has experienced in her life, no matter if it was good, bad, or ugly. She really hides nothing from the reader and doesn’t gloss over anything and her decision to share such personal details about her life is done for the sake of helping others and I applaud that she chose to do that for the sake of the book.

Many things she shares in the book are very personal and are about real life experiences that happened to her and she shares them with the reader to show us the lack of respect she had for herself with the hopes that the reader who may be going through similar things in her life will learn from it.

Without giving too much of the book away, I will say that Julie takes on her journey of depression, chronic illness, and her suicide attempt. She shares not only the highlights of her life, but also is very real is sharing her very dark days as well. She shares her stories of love and of loss and is very open about everything in her life.

Her book really shows the reader that no matter what you go through in life and no matter how bad it gets, you can change you life and you can find your way back from even the darkest days. It takes courage and willingness, but it can be done. We all have obstacles in our life and though some of have bigger obstacles to get around and things we can’t control, we all have the power to change our lives if we choose to do so.

Her book really shows us that God loves broken people and he can take the events in our lives and teach us lessons along the way, and he has the power to take even the most difficult things that happen to us and use them to help us create and even better life then we could have imagined for ourselves. If he can do that for Julie, then he can do that for you to.

Click the link to order Julie’s book.



You can visit Julie’s site at Julie-Annes Journey
Always Remember that you are Beautiful, Strong, Powerful, Fearless, Amazing, Divine, and most important of all YOU ARE ENOUGH! Divine Diva Donna


No comments: